AP Tutor - Spanish or Mandarin
Do you want to help students learn Advanced Placement (AP) Spanish or Mandarin? And are you looking for a fun and flexible part-time job? Join PandaTree! We’re passionate about helping kids learn foreign languages. PandaTree delivers high-quality online foreign language tutoring for children using our proprietary video conference platform and engaging curriculum. PandaTree provides a fun and convenient way for students, ages 2 to 15 to learn Spanish or Mandarin with individualized tutoring sessions and engaging discussions.
PandaTree is an exciting place to be! We are growing and looking for native-fluency Spanish or Mandarin-speaking tutors to provide one-on-one tutoring for AP high school students via videoconference. Tutors work 15-25 hours of their choosing per week from the comfort of their own home/room.
• Must be a current high school AP Spanish or AP Mandarin Teacher with a minimum of 3 years experience teaching AP Spanish or AP Mandarin
• Articulate, native-fluency Spanish or Mandarin speaker with a standard accent
• Strong English speaking skills
• Bachelor of Arts, Masters degree or PhD with a focus on education or language
• Experience developing innovative curriculum using original materials
• Patient, kind and FUN. Tutors need an engaging and encouraging presence over video-conference
• Permitted to work in the United States
• Reliable, high speed internet connection and fast computer
• Quiet, private, interruption-free room to conduct online tutoring sessions
• Ability to be punctual for tutoring sessions is a must
• Availability afternoons/evenings and weekends preferred
• Willing and able to commit to 9+ months of working with PandaTree
Flexible hours: 15 to 25 hours per week; you choose the hours you are available
- Time off for holidays and exams
- Work from your room/home
- $20 - $25 per hour depending on experience
What Makes PandaTree Different
- Hired as a part-time employee, not a contractor
- Paid ongoing coaching, training and development
Please include a short cover letter explaining your Spanish or Mandarin skill level and your experience teaching AP courses and developing curricula.
PandaTree is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.